On Friday the 9th at 6.02pm, I “fell hook line and sinker” for the Apple iPhone hype and bought a “Jesus phone”, but after using it for a few hours I have found some disappointing problems with this £269 gadget.
- Copying music to the iPhone: Unlike the iPod, you can’t manually sync your music from iTunes to the iPhone. You must create a playlist and then sync the iPhone, why is that? It’s driving me crazy UPDATE: It seems that Flash memory based iPods always copy the music this way. Still weird..
- Bluetooth: The Bluetooth seems only work with Headsets. You can’t connect to another phone or computer.
- Ringtones: You can’t use any of your mp3’s that you already own to use as a ringtone. You must buy ringtones from Apple. UPDATE: From version 1.1.2 Firmware and iTunes 7.5 you can rename your music and it can be used as a ringtone. More info here
- Ringtone volume: All the ringtone’s that are pre-loaded are not loud enough. UPDATE: Try a custom ringtone that’s louder
- Camera: Why no video or flash?
UPDATE: The new iPhone 3GS has video, but still no flash